Friday of Memorial Day weekend we began a week of East Coast adventures. The first installment was Washington DC - a red eye flight through Long Beach, CA saw us arriving at 5am Saturday. We ony had a day and a half so we immediately set to walking.
I'll leave the narrating to a minimum here - we walked our socks off in 90 degrees and high humidity, didn't see everything but got in most of the highlights. I wouldn't say DC was a standout destination but there were a lot of interesting stops and we're glad we did it. Without further ado:
My parents joined us Sunday morning for a few more hours of touring. It was great to finally see them after a few months.
I'll leave the narrating to a minimum here - we walked our socks off in 90 degrees and high humidity, didn't see everything but got in most of the highlights. I wouldn't say DC was a standout destination but there were a lot of interesting stops and we're glad we did it. Without further ado:
White House
National Cathedral
More White House
WWII Monument
Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum - neat!
Spirit of St Louis
Wright Flyer
Apollo I forget which number
Library of Congress
Capitol
Us in front of the monument!
Lincoln Memorial
Both of the reflecting pools were drained and had construction going on, so so sad
Vietnam Memorial
Holocaust Museum
No comments:
Post a Comment