A sunny Friday evening in town called for an adventure, and between Lance, Val, Matt, and myself, only one of us had been to Volunteer Park before. This is rather pathetic, because it's right here on Capitol Hill, and pretty cool.
We grabbed blanket, frisbee, snacks, vino, football, and games and rondezvous at the park. We lounged, snacked, played, and explored. There's a neat water tower, and a conservatory. Go Seattle.
After that, we went to a delicious Ethiopian Restaurant on Cap Hill. Ethiopian food is great, and Val and I had just finished reading Cutting for Stone, so we were inspired.
Saturday, Matt and I made our way up to Crystal Mountain. Despite it being the nicest winter/spring in my memory, the mountains had record breaking amounts of snow, and Crystal is still open. The weather was perfect (sunny and warm) and the snow was pretty good - top half of the mountain still had great coverage. We enjoyed a short day on the slopes and some lounging in the sun afterwards. After all my years at Crystal, I never knew you could see Mt Adam & Mt St Helens from there in addition to Rainier, but you sure could!
Among other weekend activities, we hiked Mailbox Peak Sunday morning - one of the steepest I-90 climbs, logging 4000ft of elevation gain in 2.5 miles. Unfortunately it started raining about a third of the way up, and never left off so there are approximately three photos of the whole adventure. And really, it's almost entirely in the trees. Good training though, otherwise, skip it.
All from Val:
Sunday evening we had a little birthday celebration for Matt and our friend Danielle.
And from Val:
After that, we went to a delicious Ethiopian Restaurant on Cap Hill. Ethiopian food is great, and Val and I had just finished reading Cutting for Stone, so we were inspired.
Saturday, Matt and I made our way up to Crystal Mountain. Despite it being the nicest winter/spring in my memory, the mountains had record breaking amounts of snow, and Crystal is still open. The weather was perfect (sunny and warm) and the snow was pretty good - top half of the mountain still had great coverage. We enjoyed a short day on the slopes and some lounging in the sun afterwards. After all my years at Crystal, I never knew you could see Mt Adam & Mt St Helens from there in addition to Rainier, but you sure could!
Among other weekend activities, we hiked Mailbox Peak Sunday morning - one of the steepest I-90 climbs, logging 4000ft of elevation gain in 2.5 miles. Unfortunately it started raining about a third of the way up, and never left off so there are approximately three photos of the whole adventure. And really, it's almost entirely in the trees. Good training though, otherwise, skip it.
All from Val:
Sunday evening we had a little birthday celebration for Matt and our friend Danielle.



No comments:
Post a Comment