Monday, July 4, 2011

Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon

My husband is a stud. Did I tell you that before? If not, I'm going to tell you now.

This is Diane + Barry. They are Matt's Aunt & Uncle, and they are cool. Diane is way cooler than I am and runs 1/2 marathons and even full marathons. This is the third year in a row they've come up for the Seattle Rock & Roll Marathon and the second time we've had the pleasure of them staying with us. Friday night we had a giant pasta feed at Andy's house where we got to meet cousins Ryan & Maya's cute new baby boy Jack who is only 7 weeks old. There was lots of other family there too but Jack & one year old Ben were the stars of the show. I forgot my camera, so if someone wants to send me pictures, I wouldn't complain.

Saturday morning we woke up way to early (5:10) to get Matt, Diane & Andy dropped of for the start of the race. Barry & I played the very important role of chauffers. We ate breakfast while they ran. It's a tough life. Diane had rolled her ankle really badly and managed to push through anways and do better than I could with a not-rolled ankle. All three of them did the 1/2 marathon and did awesome. My hubby is a fast runner, and his previous best 1/2 time was 1:32:55 back in Vancouver in May. Despite the fact that he hadn't trained much at all, he had always wanted to break 1:30. Guess who came in at 1:28:57? Thats right - running 13.1 6 minute 48 second miles. I'd be lucky if I could run one of those! He's also always wanted to qualify for the Boston, so now we'll have to see if he's serious.



Just before the finish line

Guy in front of Matt is trying so hard and he's just smiling away


Andy's almost done too!

...and Diane finishing it off with a smile


We all hung out enjoying our (their) success for a while and then headed home for some showers and another great lunch w/ D&B at Cactus on Alki. Then it was off to Canada! (previous post).

No comments:

Post a Comment