The orange bedroom. Before we even bought the house.
(aka, that is not my bedspread)
We started with replacing some ductwork. Matt took it apart, and then realized Home Depot didn't have the stuff we needed to put it back together. Then he left for Arizona for two weeks while I contracted hypothermia. Actually it was September, and I was only kinda chilly. But I found the stuff at McClendon’s while he was gone. I love McClendons.
Then we punched a hole in the chimney to move some more ducts around. It was New Years day and we had to leave the heat off for 24 hours while the cement dried. That one actually was cold. Quite cold. Thanks Mom and Dad for the heated blanket.
New Years Day punching a hole in the chimney
Then Matt did some framing. Then he had to re-do some of it. Then he had to re-do more of it. Mostly its gone now, but that was good practice, right honey?
Then we invited some tough manly men over to help us tear out the infamous throne, jackhammer a large hole into our foundation, and jackhammer up a portion of our patio.
The original Golden Throne
Almost gone
Tough manly men
I played the part of the good wife by making 5 trips to Home Depot that day and going to the store to buy these men some pizza and beer.
Then Matt and I dug a 6.5 ft deep hole on the side of our house so the plumber could replace the water main. Good thing I can curl up in little balls and fit in tight spaces to scrape out dirt. (This is about the only thing in the whole remodel that I have been good for).
New bathroom!
He did all the hard stuff for the bathroom like move the laundry and hot water heater, change the plumbing for most of the house, pour cement, and install the shower. Then he decided that before he could do the sheetrock he needed to wire the rest of the basement correctly because it would be hard to do after the sheetrock was in the bathroom. And you have to have framing to do wiring.
New bedroom
So he framed. And he wired. And he's gonna finish the bathroom. All for one fantastic price. Which is why we love him even though he doesn't always like our harebrained ideas about the way we want things. So here's a little photo tour of how it’s coming. Doesn't it actually look like something is happening?! Finally?!




WOW!!! What progress! It won't look like the same house by the time we see it in April. We love Ron, including his arguing with us about things, because it always makes things better. xoxo Mommy and Daddy
ReplyDeleteRon is the man! I highly recommend him.
ReplyDelete