Monday, April 16, 2012

Denver, Colorado

As part of our March Colorado adventures, I got to spend a weekend with my sis Adrienne and her fiancée Justin in Denver. They were kind enough to let me crash at their apartment and I had a fantastic time getting caught up with Adrienne and getting to know Justin better (it was the first extended period of time he'd had to endure my presence). ;)   As an added bonus, it was Colorado so it was sunny and there were lots of outdoor adventures.



We spent a Friday afternoon at the park (80 degrees folks) eating guac and playing frisbee. We had peanut-butter-honey-brown-sugar popcorn for (sort of) dinner, which Matt won't let me do at home. We walked to adorable coffee shops like St. Marks. We went wedding dress browsing (no pictures for you!), and had some great margaritas. We also got into a bit of a car accident, but it wasn't our fault, we're all ok, and we even made it to the airport on time.













The grandest adventure was mountainbiking out near Boulder. Dedicated readers may remember my one and only prior experience with a mountain bike (on the Death Road in Bolivia) and that mountain biking isn't exactly my strong suit. But I don't like to let things get the best of me, so with exhaustive warnings to A&J about how bad I was going to be, we decided to give it another go. We went out to Marshall Mesa right outside of Denver, and had a grand time. I won't say I'm any good at it, but I think at least held my own, and managed to enjoy myself, so I consider it a success. Plus it's beautiful out there. And it wasn't downhill for 13,000ft with a 2,000 ft drop off. That probably helped too. On to the pictures:








I had a great time visiting A&J, seeing more of Denver, and was pretty glad to be in my own bed too when I got home (Aspen adventures had already ensued, post is coming). It was great being home this past weekend (it was even sunny) and we're out and about the next two, so look for some more posts. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment