Monday, February 27, 2012

Dreaming of AZ

Three years ago - almost to the day - Matt finished his first busy season as a public accountant and we took off to meet my parents in Tucson. They were visting their (half the year) Olalla neighbor who lives the other half of the year in Tucson. Hobie was a delightful host and an absolute treat to hang out with. We went on hikes, enjoyed the sun, cooked up some great food, enjoyed cocktails on his deck watching the sunset over the Saguaro National Forest, and haven't stopped dreaming about it since. The hikes were fantastic (one thing I hadn't expected from the desert) and cocktail hour with the crew will always have a special place in my heart. This month, Hobie is back up in Olalla and Matt and I are headed down to pay a visit to his casita while he's gone.

I don't know what we have planned yet except sun and hiking but here's a walk down memory lane as a preview.

Camping in the Chiricahua Mountains

Chricahua Park












We were camping and it starting pouring - so we drank bad AZ wine


Sunset at the casita

Picacho peak, amazing hike







Romero's pools


1 comment:

  1. Yep, it sure does bring back very fond memories! Sorry Hobie, Dad and I won't be there with you this time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete