Monday, October 17, 2011

Central Oregon Wedding - Greg & Stephanie

We spent the past weekend down in the Bend/Redmond, OR area celebrating Matt's brother Greg's marriage. Matt and I drove down Thursday morning, a bunch of us had rented a house, and we worked from there the rest of Thursday and Friday. It was a great weekend getting to see everyone, catch up, spend time as a family, and get to celebrate Greg & Stephanie. We also love central Oregon and it's sunshine and were excited to get to spend some time there.

Thursday night was the bachelor party, which I do not have any pictures of because a) I was not present b) boys are not really prone to such things. The ladies and I had a nice dinner back at the house. There are an obscene number of pictures of our nephew Ben in the post but he's just too cute. I can't help it. I stole some of these from Jeri & Diane - thanks!





Me, Jen, Ben, Maya, Jack & Donette

Friday after working (while everyone else got to go play, boo hoo) we headed over to Greg & Stephanie's place for the rehearsal & rehearsal dinner. The wedding was in their backyard and they did an amazing job with the set up and all the decorations - it was adorable.
the happy couple - Greg & Stephanie


Saturday we all had an early breakfast at One Street Down in Redmond and after some getting ready it was time for pictures and the big event!


breakfast time

Uncle Barry helping Ben get his shoes on

the little man is walking and running around!

Pre-wedding mimosa and toast-writing



the little man's tux. Too cute

(Bens) Grandma Jeri & Ben










Sisters

Lookin sharp Greg

Dad & Brothas - Bob, Andy, Greg, Matt








GQ





love


the kiss


Best man toasting

cute.

too cute.


just way too cute



first dance



brothers on the dance floor



Sunday we lounged around the house some more with the family, went for a walk, and then Matt & I headed into Bend's Old Mill District where we had a great lunch at Community Flatbread Kitchen, perused REI, and stopped by the famous Deschutes Brewery for a tasting (Matt & I did the tour when we were there three years ago, Matts also done it at least 2 other times).


Deschutes River

sunny day in the Old Mill District


2011 Jubleale is out!

After that we made a quick stop a Smith Rocks, which is one of my favorite places in the area. We did the whole hike last time we were down and I wish we could have done it again, but in the interest of making it to Seattle before midnight we just enjoyed the view for a while and then moved down the road for another quick stop at Maragas Winery. You mean you haven't heard of Central Oregon being known for its wine? Well, can't say it was anything special, but it was a nice setting and a good way to break up the afternoon before we got serious about the drive home.





We're actually home for the next two weekends in a row (gasp!) before we head off to Vietnam on November 4th. We're looking forward to getting some house work and homework done, some visitors two weeks from now, and I'll be posting a preview of Vietnam soon.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Congratulations to Greg & Stephanie!
    2. Kenz, you are so dang cute
    3. Aren't cute nephews the BEST!?

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Valerie's comment above! I think cute sons and daughters and their spouses, fiancees or significant others are even better than cute nephews, but Ben IS mighty adorable! xo Cathryn

    ReplyDelete