We are doing...nothing exciting for three whole weeks. (Unless that is, you put CPA studying in the class of exciting. I didn't think so.). So I thought I would update you on some exciting things coming up instead since we just finished booking plane tickets.
September 29th we head off to Europe/Africa. We will be spending four days with Chris & Bernie, two very cool Germans who we met down in Chile. We are uber-excited to see them again. (See, I speak German, right?)
Hi Bernie & Chris
They are two young males, which of course means that not a lot of planning has been done but we're just excited to hang out with them, see a lil bit of mainland Europe for the first time, and hopefully hit up some Oktoberfest in Munich!
Oh, and Matt wants to drive on the Autobahn
Sitting in a refugio in Chile:
Matt: So, like, have you guys been on the Autobahn???
Chris & Bernie: Very confused stares.
Valerie: Matt, you know Autobahn just means freeway, right?
Matt: very ashamed look. Oh. I guess you have then...
Next we will be meeting up with my parents in Marrakech to spend two weeks in Morocco!! We will...hike, ride camels in the Sahara desert, go to cool souqs and mosques, check out the coast, and generally enjoy ourselves. Hooray.
Adventure number two is Thanksgiving 2010 with my parents and sis. We will be going to the Carribean. A certain Carribean island with a bit of communist influence. You know? Yeah, that one. Hi Fidel.
I like this quote I found while doing research yeserday:
Unbelievable! ...
In this country there is no gasoline, but cars are all over the road ...
There's no food, but everybody is cooking dinner ...
They have no money, but everybody is dancing and drinking rum!
We will...see cultural sights, listen to music and dance our hearts out, sample the world famous rum & cigars, spend some time at the renowned beaches, meet people, and....not get caught coming back!
Now if I could just get through the rest of this work day....
....and the other 33 of them before we leave....
That makes two of us that need to get through the rest of today/rest of the 3 weeks!
ReplyDeleteGosh, your Fall plans sound a lot like our Fall plans (except we'll do Portugal while you do Germany). Can't wait -- woo hoo, here we come!
ReplyDeletexo