Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Where Have We Been?


Well, when I first started this blog I promised to not be one of those bloggers that told you about every single un-exciting thing that I ever did. And that is still my mission. But I guess I don't want all (two) of my faithful (haha) readers to abandon me because I haven't posted in a month. So here is a brief update on some of the things we have been up to. Mainly just the things where I took pictures of because...well
who wants to read a blog without pictures anyway? Not me!



Mt Si:

Lance, Val and I (poor Matt was studying) tried to go on a snowshoeing trip, but alas, Seattles beautiful winter also means that we have had virtually no snow. We opted for hiking instead and chose Mt Si because it was a) close and b) low enough we thought it wouldn't have any snow. Turns out the last mile and a half was on snow that was not deep enough for snowshoes or crampons but just deep enough to be insanely slippery. I have a bruise on my backside to prove it. It was nice to get out and work those muscles though!


started out nice and green...


and ended up quite white!




We had a nice dinner with L&V and Bret & Jaci and drank some Kestrel wine.




Our friend Cory is a great chef, wonderful host, and our sushi making buddy. He taught us his ways for the first time last summer and we decided to have another go at it. The results were fantastic. I have never been so full on sushi. Except last time we did this.
Chef Cory

Matt enjoying Cory's Saki-tini - yum yum


The spread


Our lovely friend Val had a BIRTHDAY


I made her some yummy citrus cupcakes
(I'm trying to add baking to my kitchen skillz)







We played at Golden Gardens b/c is was a becautiful day



We went to The Garage for some pool and bowling
(pics by Val)







...and another lovely night at my parents place in Olalla with L&V



Lots of other nice get-togethers but thats all the photos I have so there's your update!


No comments:

Post a Comment